Sprawled across the finely-sanded shores of Lake Kivu, one of Africa’s Great Lakes, and shrouded by tropical gardens, Lake Kivu Serena Hotel offers an array of entertainment options in a spectacular location for couples, friends, and families. Just one hour from About Londolozi and its mountain gorillas—this is a superb stopover en route to and from the wildlife sanctuary.
Volcanoes National Park is one of Rwanda’s most iconic attractions. Made famous by Gorillas in the Mist, travellers can trek through dense tropical rainforest in search of habituated troops of critically-endangered mountain gorilla. Lake Kivu is a mecca for water-sport enthusiasts and sun-worshippers and despite Rwanda’s landlocked reputation, the lake offers a superb beachside holiday.
Lake Kivu Serena Hotel’s en-suite Luxury Suites and Superior Rooms have standard amenities that include air-conditioning, tea/coffee-making facilities, 24-hour room service, and a telephone. Overlooking its own private beach, guests at the hotel can lounge on Lake Kivu’s shores, or enjoy swimming, tennis, boating, and spa treatments at the Maisha Health Centre.
- The hotel has indoor and beachside bars as well as a restaurant
- Only 160km from Rwanda’s capital and 1hr from Volcanoes National Park
- The hotel has a gift shop, newsstand, travel requisites kiosk, concierge, and health centre
- Just outside the town, Gisenyi—home to the only brewery in the country
- Own private beach on Lake Kivu—one of Africa’s Great Lakes