Kivu Lodge lies on the edge of Lake Kivu in the Karongi District of Rwanda. This picturesque lodge is located on a private peninsula that extends right into the lake, providing guests with gorgeous views of the watery expanse and surrounding mountains and hills — the perfect relaxing getaway to start or end your Rwanda trip.
Guests can go fishing or enjoy water sports. Sunset cruises and dinner or cocktail parties on the lake are available as well as visits and tastings at nearby tea and coffee plantations. Other options include hikes, community visits, and excursions to the Bisesero Genocide Memorial Site, Nyungwe Forest, and the source of the River Nile. Spend your down time lounging at the cascading swimming pool overlooking the lake or simply revel in the spectacular views with a book in hand.
The estate offers 18 spacious cottages and two Executive Suites, all of which have private balconies and magnificent views of their sparkling neighbour, Lake Kivu. With a restaurant, coffee bar, and lounge bar, you won’t even need to leave the lodge; simply sit back and enjoy a tranquil Rwandan escape.
- On a private peninsula that extends into Lake Kivu
- Uninterrupted views of the lake and the surrounding landscape
- Perfect place for a rejuvenating holiday
- Surrounded by a private coffee plantation
- Restaurant, coffee bar, and lounge bar
- 20 spacious cottages available — all with sweeping views and private balconies