With seemingly endless undulating valleys dotting Rwanda’s landscape, it’s no surprise this landlocked African country has been dubbed ‘the valley of a thousand hills’. This fast-emerging nation is not only teeming with history, but its mountains are sanctuary to the mountain gorilla and inspired the book and film Gorillas in the Mist. Kigali, its capital, and Kigali Serena Hotel—one of its premier hotels—are gateways to all that Rwanda has to offer.
Kigali is fast becoming a tourist destination thanks to its safe streets, modern capital, and friendly people. Use the capital as a base while venturing into the dense depths of Nyungwe Forest—the best preserved rainforest in Central Africa—or into Volcanoes National Park in search of the critically endangered mountain gorilla.
Kigali Serena Hotel has racked up an array of awards in recent years including 3 consecutive hotel awards in recent years. Found along a pristine boulevard, this 5-star establishment is centred around an atrium showcasing local artwork, and several dining and entertainment options. The hotel also has several room options to suit every guest.
- Conveniently located only 10 minutes from the airport
- Dine and refresh at Milima Restaurant, the Executive Lounge and Bar, or poolside Sokoni Cafe
- Shuttle, taxi, and limousine service; health spa, on-call doctor, concierge, and gift shop
- Room and Suite options—all with 24-hour room service, AC, Wi-Fi, Satellite TV, tea/coffee-making facilities, and en-suite bathrooms
- Rwanda has 13 species of primates and 670 bird species