The capital city of Windhoek is surrounded on its outskirts by a number of guest farms, wilderness lodges, farmsteads and country B&B’s. Often guests arriving or departing from Windhoek are looking for alternative accommodation outside of the city centre, and quite fortunately Windhoek has plenty to choose from.
With names ranging from GocheGanas and Naankuse Lodge to the Elegant Farmstead and Vineyard Country B&B, you can be sure there is something to suit every traveller’s taste. Windhoek and its surrounds may be more developed than the rest of Namibia, but they share the same natural and warm feel. This gateway to the country lies at an altitude of 1650 metres in a valley bordered by the Eros Mountains and Auas mountains.
The surrounding game farms and wilderness lodges offer guided game drives and nature walks, or horse riding and wellness facilities - but all offer true Namibian hospitality. Their proximity to Windhoek varies, but day trips into the city to do souvenir shopping, visit the various museums and take part in the “European-style” café culture are easily organised.
- Game farms in the area offer accommodation facilities and game drives on their land
- Wilderness lodges offer hiking trails and walks within their nature reserve
- Farmstead and Country B&B’s offer an insight into Namibian farm life and good hospitality
- Windhoek is a short drive from most of the surrounding accommodation venues
- Particularly good option when starting your Namibian holiday
- Some of the facilities offer airport / accommodation transfer services