Among a forest of camel thorn trees, dry riverbeds, and a stone canyon, you’ll find Naankuse Lodge. The lodge blends in with its rugged surroundings, and exudes lavish comfort – from the crisp, white linen covering the three-quarter beds, to the spacious en-suite bathrooms and its exposed, cement walls.
Naankuse ensures guests will leave the lodge with a new understanding of nature, and its predatory wildlife with the added bonus of countless close-up shots of some of Africa’s most fearsome predators. Watch big cats and wild dogs feast on spoils, cross the landscape with cheetahs and caracals by your side, and observe them hone their hunting and stalking skills. Leisurely bushwalks reveal the vast birdlife inhabiting the area.
Guests have the choice of staying in the lodge’s thatched Villas, known for their warmth in winter and coolness in summer; or in their Chalets, each with an en suite bathroom and private verandah overlooking the bushveld. Guests can choose to dine in the veld beneath the stars and enjoy breakfasts on the verandah.
- Excellent photo opportunities for close-up shots
- Watch the guides feed the predatory cats
- Cross the landscape with cheetahs and caracals by your side
- Leisurely bushwalks reveal the vast birdlife inhabiting the area
- Meals can be enjoyed in the veld, on the verandah, or beneath the stars
- Diverse terrain ranging from camel thorn tree forests, riverbeds, and a stone canyon