Swakopmund calls all adventure-lovers to its shores along Namibia’s coastline, a place where the desert meets the sea. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and occupying prime positioning in this coastal town is the Strand Hotel, a 4-star hotel that is impressive from the get-go with its 13-metre high, 9-meter wide Ocean View Atrium.
Its unusual location coupled with its myriad attractions makes Swakopmund a go-to destination for any traveller visiting Namibia. With streets lined with German architecture and a temperate climate, this seaside holiday destination places guests within easy distance of major attractions such as Walvis Bay, the Skeleton Coast Park, and the Namib-Naukluft National Park.
The Strand Hotel’s all-encompassing amenities include the Atlantic Spa whose décor was inspired by the desert and the ocean, a gym, three restaurants, plus conference and concierge facilities. A variety of room configurations are also on offer from Standard and Luxury Rooms to Junior, Luxury, and Presidential Suites. Universal Access Rooms are also available. All rooms boast floor-to-ceiling windows, en-suite bathrooms, writing desks, and extra-length king-size beds. All suites have large balconies, sea views, open-plan lounges, and freestanding tubs.
- Variety of room configurations from standard rooms to luxury suites
- Universal Access Rooms are also on offer
- Three restaurants on site
- The Strand Activities & Adventures office can book anything from a visit to the Cape Cross Seal Colony to Namibia Desert Night Walks
- The Atlantic Spa also has an outdoor couple’s therapy suite, crystal steam rooms. and rain showers to name a few