Moon Mountain Lodge's elevated, tented suites recline against the steadily rising terrain that forms the base of the Naukluft mountains. Suspended on stilts, the lodge’s rooms come with all possible creature comforts, and the airy feeling of a tent. Marvel at the magnificent mountain views and surrounding dunes, while keeping an eye out for Oryx, springbok, and zebra.
The lodge is ideally located close to the towering red dunes of Sossusvlei, making it an easy day excursion to the huge clay pan. Try your hand at 4X4-ing along the surrounding sand dunes, or enjoy a leisurely stroll across the arid terrain. For a bird’s-eye view, hop in a hot-air balloon to hover above the undulating landscape or otherwise enquire about scenic flights available by airplane and helicopter.
The lodge offers 4 Standard Rooms, suitable for travellers with children, 11 Luxury Rooms, and 6 Suites. All of the rooms are en-suite and feature a private deck and splash pool. Moon Mountain’s Nebula Restaurant serves traditional Namibian cuisine, while the Cosmos Bar offers refreshing sundowners served on a large viewing deck.
- Accommodation comes with all the creature comforts of a room, but with the airy feeling of a tent
- Ideally located in close proximity to Sossusvlei
- Dune drives and hiking trails are available
- For a bird’s-eye view, guests can opt for a hot-air balloon trip, as well as airplane and helicopter flights
- All rooms come with a private deck and splash pool