Like a fort on a rocky outcrop, the Lüderitz Nest Hotel stands guard against the Atlantic Ocean’s invasive forces The hexagonal design gives an almost 360-degree view of Lüderitz Bay and provides a safe haven from the constant Benguela-frosted southwester.
The hotel is perfectly positioned to discover all the sights, activities and adventures on offer in the area. Adrenaline seekers and nature lovers can forge their path via 4X4 or take guided overnight walking tours through the Namibian desert. A stroll through Africa’s most unique and well-preserved ghost town, Kolmanskop, only 10km inland from Luderitz Bay, offers something a little different.
All 70 en-suite rooms and 3 luxurious suites provide comfort with heating, air conditioning, heated towel rails and deep carpets made all the more cosy by the choppy sea and barren rocky coastline forming the view. The on-site Penguin Restaurant features a selection of the freshest seafood including crayfish (lobster), oysters, mussels, and several varieties of line fish - much of it locally sourced. The swimming pool is surrounded by a large lawn, and the hotel has a private beach with a jetty, terrace oyster bar and sauna.
- The position of the hotel allows you to explore the surrounding region effortlessly
- The opportunity to get up close to the mighty Atlantic Ocean with views, a private beach and jetty
- Excellent seafood restaurant serving the best the area has to offer
- Variety of room types on offer to cater to specific needs
- Other facilities on site make for a comfortable stay in this otherwise small town