Home to the Cinderella waxbill, Kunene River Lodge will ensure a northern Namibian stay that is perfectly fitted to your every step. The terrain is rugged here on the banks of the Kunene River, yet the environment is idyllic and the lodge’s facilities are splendid.
You will find the lodge in the Kaokoland region of Namibia, close to the Ruacana Falls and the Epupa Falls. Kunene has been drawing tourists to this remote corner of the country with its white-water rafting expeditions suited to novices and experts alike. The more peaceful side provides bird enthusiasts with a wide variety of endemic species, to be seen on sundowner cruises, canoe trips, and hiking trails. Gain unique insight into the culture of the native Himba people with a visit to a local village.
In the shade of jackalberry and Leadwood trees, 7 Deluxe Rooms, 4 A-Frame Chalets, and riverside campsites provide guests with comfort and an invitation for rest. A large wooden deck raised above the river hosts the general seating for the restaurant and bar and is superb for socialising and spotting wildlife.
- On the banks of the Kunene River—explore Ruacana and Epupa Falls and the Kaokoland region
- 7 Deluxe Rooms, 4 A-Frame Chalets, and riverside campsites
- White-water rafting, sundowner cruises, canoe trips, and hiking trails
- Home to the endemic Cinderella waxbill—a birdwatching paradise
- Wooden deck with restaurant and bar—perfect for socialising and spotting wildlife