The privately owned Ongava Game Reserve is home to Ongava Lodge, an elaborate hillside construction of support stilts and thatched roofing. Because this reserve shares a border with Etosha National Park, Ongava’s guests enjoy the pleasure of exploring both of these magnificent wildlife sanctuaries and their inhabitants. And thanks to the nearby waterhole, animals can be watched from the comfort of the viewing deck.
Morning and afternoon game drives on the Ongava Game Reserve yield frequent sightings of lion, rhino, antelope, and the endemic black impala. Full- or half-day excursions to Etosha can be arranged, offering opportunities to see its sizeable elephant population waddle about in search of the nearest spring. The camp hide is an ideal spot for any self-respecting shutterbug to sit in wait for animals to lower their guard and approach the waterhole.
Accommodation at Ongava consists of 13 Chalets and a Family Chalet which sleeps up to 4 guests. Each of these features an en-suite bathroom with double basins, indoor and outdoor showers, air conditioning, and a private viewing deck. On clear nights, dinners are served on the deck under the starry sky.
- Fantastic hillside location, with views stretching all the way to the horizon
- Game drives and nature walks yield sightings of many rare and exciting wild animals
- Nearby waterhole attracts animals and birdlife, and can be easily seen from the lodge
- Cosy yet elegant chalets with plenty of features, including private viewing decks
- Guided nature walks through the reserve are available seasonally