On the eastern edge and with close access to the Etosha National Park is the 34,000ha private Onguma Game Reserve. One of 5 lodges on the reserve and entirely unique, Onguma The Fort features massive raw walls, stone cladded features and a large tower with views over the Namibian Pans.
The lodge overlooks a waterhole, an excellent vantage from which to view some of the approximately 30 species of game and more than 300 bird species recorded in the area. In addition to on-site activities, the spectacular wildlife experience of Etosha National Park, with four of the Big 5, is practically on your doorstep.
The décor is African with a palpable Moroccan influence and an understated but luxurious feel. 11 Bush Suites and 1 Honeymoon Suite are adjacent to the Main Fort and spaced at 50m for privacy. All feature an air cooling system, en-suite bathroom with indoor and outdoor shower, and a wooden deck with sun loungers and a view. The one and only Sultan Suite is within the Main Tower of the fort, featuring a double bedroom, full en-suite bathroom, lounge area and private deck with elevated views.
- On the eastern border of Etosha National Park making this an excellent vantage point from which to discover Etosha
- On a private 35,000ha game reserve offering various on-site activities
- Unique, five-star luxury accommodation experience
- Well known for its incredible sunsets over the Etosha Pans
- Stunning main fort living areas, swimming pool and elevated view areas