Erongo Wilderness Lodge, just outside Omaruru, has truly a sublime setting, surrounded by enormous granite outcrops, mountains and the desert way down below. Guests will need little more than a hammock and a piece of shade to be at complete peace. However, the folks at Erongo Wilderness Lodge went a few steps further and created an African fantasy.
Activities in the Erongo Mountain Nature Conservancy include walks, drives and excellent bird watching with two locally-recruited guides. Optional extras include visits to rock painting sites and a number of activities in the delightful town of Omaruru. The lodge is one of the founding members of the Erongo Mountain Nature Conservancy that protects the habitats and ecosystem of many important endemic and rare species of flora and fauna in the area.
Surrounded by the Erongo Mountains, the lodge features 10 luxury Tented Chalets raised on stilts above car-sized boulders. The chalets have canvassed sides, thatched roofs and bathrooms built around existing rocks and trees. The main living area looks out over the valley; its dining area, luxurious lounge, verandah and pool overlook a popular watering hole.
- Situated in the 200,000ha Erongo Mountain Nature Conservancy
- Volcanic crater complex boasting unparalleled biodiversity
- Local guided walks, drives and visits to ancient Bushman rock art sites
- Unique accommodation in canvas tented chalets built on stilts with phenomenal views
- Many rare and endemic species of animal, bird and plant life in the area