Accommodation does not get more private than at the Ntwala Island Lodge. An untouched cluster of islands in the middle of the Mambova Rapids - connected only by intricate floating walkways - house the lodge’s 4 luxury Suites that make up this intimate and isolated retreat near the borders of Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Zambia.
Situated only 70km upstream from Victoria Falls at the point where the colossal Zambezi and Chobe Rivers meet, the island is dotted with white sand beaches. The guided activities at the lodge are largely waterborne and include boat trips across the Chobe River to spot game, and fishing trips along its winding waterways in a traditional mokoro. The proximity of the Chobe National Park means that trips to this wildlife paradise can easily be arranged.
A private plunge pool and viewing deck extend from each of the 4 luxurious Suites while the lodge’s personalised service ensures that guests’ every need is taken care of. A main complex with open-plan lounge and comfortable sofas is the perfect place to enjoy a sundowner while looking over the river’s swirling waters.
- Only 4 luxurious suites on a small cluster of islands mean that privacy is guaranteed
- Waterborne activities such as game-viewing boat trips and fishing expeditions on a mokoro
- Proximity to the Chobe National Park
- The 4 luxurious suites feature personalised service and private plunge pools
- A main complex with open-plan lounge and comfortable sofas