Ndhovu Safari Lodge rests on the banks of the meandering Okavango River in the Caprivi. This riverine retreat offers guests a luxurious, tented stay encompassed by the sights and sounds of life on the river. Watch herds of elephants gather to drink as lazy hippos drift just below the surface of the still waters – all from the comfort of your private verandah.
Mahango Game Reserve’s swampland is a mere 2km away, showcasing buffalo, red lechwe, and sable antelope. Take a leisurely cruise along the river in order to spot its hidden wildlife and some of its 400 different bird species. Anglers can try reel in a feisty tigerfish, while sunbathers can recline next to the swimming pool.
The lodge offers 9 Tented Suites, each with an en suite bathroom while the Family Tent boasts three beds. Be adventurous and spend the night in a floating River Tent, or choose to rough-it in the exclusive campsite. The thatched lapa’s wooden deck leads down to the edge of the river and is an excellent game-viewing and bird-watching spot complete with a sundowner in hand.
- Right on the banks of the Okavango River allowing guests to experience river life close-up
- Mahango Game Reserve is a mere 2km away
- The lodge offers leisurely cruises along the river and fishing excursions
- A floating River Tent is available for the adventurous at heart
- Excellent bird-watching with over 400 different bird species in the area