At Hakusembe River Lodge, owners Lena and Henry have turned their piece-of-paradise home into a delightful lodge. Found on the edge of the Kavango River, about 15km west of Rundu, the gateway to the Caprivi Strip, the water activities here are a pure delight!
Activities at Hakusembe River Lodge make the most of the bounteous Kavango River, which forms the world-famous Okavango Delta in Botswana, and its environs. Indulge in river cruises on the Hakusembe River Queen, tiger fishing, picnic safaris into Angola, bird-watching (over 400 species recorded), or take a stroll to the Mbunza cultural village and learn more about the people who inhabit this beautiful land.
The lodge is surrounded by a neat garden and shaded by acacia trees. 20 separate thatched Bungalows line the river, each with its own private view, en suite bathroom, air conditioning, hot water and permanent electricity supply. The main lodge has a swimming pool, a hearty restaurant, and a well-attended bar. Additional accommodation facilities include a Floating Chalet complete with en suite bathroom; a Honeymoon Suite – which is the owner's converted house; and a small camping site.
- On the Kavango River which feeds the Okavango Delta offering plenty of water bound activities
- Various accommodation options from bungalows through to camping
- Excellent Caprivi stopover en route from Windhoek or Etosha to the Okavango Delta
- Cultural experience within walking distance of the lodge to Mbunzu cultural village
- Brilliant for birding and tiger fishing