Camp Chobe is set amid the Chobe floodplains, surrounded by mopane woodlands and sprawling baobab trees. The floodplains, its waters ever expanding and contracting, connect waterways with drier areas, attracting a diverse array of wildlife. The camp is an intimate refuge for travellers seeking privacy in the African wilderness.
The camp’s wide variety of habitats combine savannah game-viewing with leisurely boat cruises along the intricate web of waterways. With an unfenced boundary between the camp and the reserve, game wanders freely and large herds of elephant and buffalo are often seen on the banks of the river, along with a myriad of birdlife. For a close encounter with the animals, opt for a walking safari or a gentle canoe paddle.
The camp offers 12 Tented Suites, all light and airy, morphing canvas with indigenous mopane timber. Each tented suite comes complete with an en-suite bathroom, a romantic deck, and a shower with a view of the river. At the main camp, guests can indulge in carefully prepared cuisine, lounge on private decks, or immerse themselves in comfortable couches.
- Camp Chobe’s varied habitats allow savannah game-viewing with leisurely boat cruises along lagoons and channels
- The border between the camp and reserve is unfenced, so game wanders freely
- Large herds of elephant and buffalo are often seen along the river banks alongside a myriad of birdlife
- Apart from game drives, walking safaris and canoe trips are also on offer
- 12 light and airy Tented Suites, each with a view of the river