Did you fantasise about Robinson Crusoe or living as a castaway on your own private island as a child? It turns out, dreams do come true. Azura Quilalea Private Island is located on a private island paradise in the Quirimbas Archipelago of northern Mozambique. Encircled by a marine sanctuary, this Eco-Boutique retreat offers an exclusivity rarely found and allows guests to effortlessly escape the stresses of everyday life.
An abundance of sea life, scuba diving and snorkelling are available straight off the main beach with exciting dive sites further afield. Humback whales and nesting turtles are seasonal visitors to the island, while friendly dolphin company is a year-round delight. Kayaking through the mangroves, sailing on traditional Mozambican dhows and deep sea fishing are also available. Land based activities include cultural trips to Ibo Island, island walks to the giant baobabs, picnics, romantic beach dinners and treatments at the African Spa.
The 9 Seafront Villas are built from natural coral stone and makuti thatch and the décor is simplistic yet stylish. All Villas have air-conditioning, indoor/outdoor showers, daybeds and sun loungers for relaxing, and private decks stretching out to the beach.
- Private Island in southern part of Quirimbas Archipelago in northern Mozambique
- Extreme exclusivity with only 9 Villas on the island accommodating a maximum of 18 guests at any time
- Marine sanctuary scuba diving and snorkelling straight from the main beach with further dive sites in the area
- Part of Azura group maintaining the standards of the portfolio
- Eco-friendly retreat making extensive effort to leave a light footprint