The southern Mozambican coastline is known for being largely untamed and untouched. Here, visitors will observe an unusual battle taking place between the Indian Ocean and the estuaries of Maputo Bay, known as Hell’s Gate. Machangulo Beach Lodge is located at the centre of 5 nature reserves, the channel between Inhaca Island and the dunes of the Santa Maria Peninsula.
The Lodge overlooks endless white beaches, pristine and untouched dune forests, estuaries bursting with life and the wide open ocean all melting into an energetic harmony. The most popular activities include scuba diving, offshore fishing, Dhow sailing safaris, Inhaca Island picnics and village tours with many more pastimes on offer. All needs will be catered for on this vacation.
Hidden away amid the dunes and forests, Machangulo Beach Lodge has a full activity centre with knowledgeable staff and plenty of equipment. 17 Luxury Rooms fall into 3 configurations: 5 Premium Ocean View Rooms perched on the ridge with phenomenal views, 2 aptly named Beach Villas comprising 4 en suite rooms for large groups and families and 2 smaller Family Villas with 2 en suite rooms.
- At the centre of 5 nature reserves and between channel of Inhaca Island and dunes of the Santa Maria Peninsula
- Different accommodation styles to suit all needs
- Private Villas feature private pool, decks and lounge area with dining room, bar and kitchen prep area
- Long list of varied activities available
- Strong environmental conservation and local community support