The further north you venture in Mozambique, you’ll be rewarded with a more secluded and untainted experience. Pomene Bay Lodge lies 4hrs north of Inhambane; its remote location and distance from major hubs giving guests the perfect location to bring their castaway and Robinson Crusoe fantasies to life.
The lodge’s foundations are planted firmly on the shores of a picturesque peninsula, flanked by the calm breaks of the Indian Ocean and the meandering waterways of a mangrove estuary. Its waters are ideal for swimming while the prolific and untouched marine life is easily explored with the help of the dive resort. Other activities include snorkelling, ocean safaris, skiing, spear fishing, and explorative excursions along mangrove trails.
Pomene’s rustic Water Chalets face the estuary and allows its two guests to take a dip into its waters at high tide. The Self-Catering Chalets can sleep 4–8 people and are equipped with self-catering amenities. The lodge’s campsite boasts its own ablution block and gives guests the opportunity to book a barraca (an open-sided thatched area equipped with a plug point, often used for storage and as a living area).
- Secluded and remote location away from major hubs, promising an untouched atmosphere
- Picturesque location on a peninsula surrounded by mangroves, an estuary, and the Indian Ocean
- Perfect swimming beach, great game-fishing location, and superb dive spot
- 3 accommodation types to suit every traveller’s needs
- Can be self-driven to or guests can make use of the Pomene shuttle that will pick them up from Inhambane airport