If you are following a staircase from your white-walled Villa down to a private stretch of pristine beach, you know you have arrived at Villa Santorini. Mozambique boasts many a spectacular coastal retreat, but this accommodation with views across the expanse of Vilanculos Bay from its lush, elevated position, is hard to touch.
The sprawling, multi-level Grecian villa is inspired by the turquoise-hued waters it shares with the Greek Isles, and packs in all-white, domed structures with prime beach access just north of the Bazaruto Archipelago. Surrounded by dense forest and the Indian Ocean, guests are not only provided with utmost privacy, but are also gifted with an underwater wonderland and plenty of water and land sports to pass the time.
The space and flow of the natural surrounds is echoed in the soft and graceful interiors of the 5 sea-facing, en-suite bedrooms. Each suite comes complete with a private balcony and magnificent sea views. The multifaceted living area includes a lounge, TV room and library, ocean-facing deck with martini pool, secluded patios, and courtyard pool from which to enjoy sundowners.
- Grecian-inspired villa on a private stretch of pearly beach
- Elevated position affords panoramic views across Vilanculos Bay
- 5 sea-facing, en-suite bedrooms with private balconies
- Guided day tours of the Vilanculos markets and tourist attractions
- Island trips and picnics; kayaking; stand-up paddling; sandboarding; deep-sea fishing; dhow cruises; scuba diving and snorkelling; horse and camel safaris