The vibrant thrumming town of Vilanculos has long been a favourite with travellers - partly because of its superb location across from the Bazaruto Archipelago, but also because of its markets, friendly people, inviting beaches, and array of bars and restaurants – all showcasing the Arab, African, and Portuguese influences prevalent throughout the town. A stay at the luxurious Casa Rex puts guests on the doorstep of this lively coastal village.
Take a dhow trip to the archipelago and dive with dugongs. Stroll around the market place, embark on a cultural tour, or enjoy a horse-ride along the beach, and kayak behind the breakers. Vilanculos is a premier kite-surfing, diving, and sailing location. Visitors can also enjoy snorkelling, whale- and dolphin-watching, or simply relax at the myriad of beach bars and restaurants.
Casa Rex has 15 tastefully decorated bedrooms with views of the ocean and archipelago. Spend a night in the Premium, Acacia, Courtyard, or Honeymoon Suites – all with air conditioning, Wi-Fi, and en-suite bathrooms. Dine on Portuguese-inspired cuisine on the outside terrace or allow Casa Rex to pack a picnic lunch for you to take to the beach.
- In vibrant Vilanculos with 15 ocean-facing suites boasting views of the archipelago
- Restaurant serves decadent Portuguese dishes while Vilanculos has a number of beach bars, pubs, and restaurants
- Daily flights land in Vilanculos from Johannesburg and Casa Rex offers a free shuttle and airport transfer
- 2 swimming pools and whale-watching is at its best between July and October
- 15 artfully decorated suites
- Archipelago is a short dhow trip away