Flanked by the Indian ocean and Inhambane estuary, Barra Lodge offers a fuss-free getaway for divers and families alike. With traditional casitas and beach chalets a mere hop, skip, and jump from warm waters; along with the vibey beach bar, dive centre, and array of activities on offer – guests are sure to enjoy the tropical holiday of a lifetime.
Inhambane, once a stopping point for 15th-century Arab traders, can be reached within 30 minutes of the lodge. Spend a day there wandering around markets, feasting on local fare, cruising to nearby islands by dhow, or visiting the museum. Keen divers will be thrilled to know a dive trip may bring them close to whale sharks and manta rays.
The casitas boast two bedrooms, ideal for two adults and two children, while three beach chalets have air conditioning, beachfront access, and a second bedroom with bunk beds. After a day of sightseeing, horse-riding, fishing, or diving, return to Barra Lodge and dine on their sumptuous buffet held twice a week. The beach bar is the perfect sundowner spot where guests can play games and beach volleyball amid cocktail orders.
- Lodge caters for families, divers, conferences, and weddings
- On-site activities room, swimming pool, curio shop, craft market, and beachfront beach bar
- Other activities include diving, fishing charters, dhow trips, horse-riding, quad-biking, beach volleyball, and catamaran trips
- Decadent buffet dinners are on offer twice-weekly
- Convenient self-drive destination located 500km north of Maputo on tarred roads, or visitors can fly to Inhambane airport which is only 20min from the lodge