Pestana Bazaruto Lodge lies in a bay at the north end of the Bazaruto Island, forming part of Mozambique’s Bazaruto Archipelago – a string of islands formed by sands deposited by the Save River. Fringed by eggshell-coloured beaches and the Indian Ocean’s waters, the lodge embraces the relaxing rhythm of island life, offering guests stress-busting accommodation and unrivalled views.
Snorkel and scuba dive the island’s diverse and unspoilt coral reefs, opt for an adrenaline-charged wakeboarding session across the glassy waters, and experience the thrill of reeling-in giant trevally, sailfish, and marlin on a deep-sea fishing excursion. Take an island tour and discover the tropics and its inhabitants. Indulge in the spa’s selection of pampering treatments or lounge by the outdoor pool beneath the palm trees.
The 41 bungalows with A-shaped thatched roofs lie scattered along the shoreline and fuse ethnic style with the natural beauty of the environment. The décor is elegant and simple – painted screed floors, white walls, and bamboo ceilings. Light mosquito nets drape four-poster beds covered with white cotton linen and plum-coloured quilts. The open-sided main area contains a bar and comfortable lounge.
- Stress-busting accommodation and unrivalled views
- Snorkel and scuba dive the coral reefs
- All facets of fishing including big game, fly fishing, marlin, and shore fishing
- Island tours and an indulging spa
- 24 Beach View rooms built right on the beach, 12 Garden View rooms set deeper among the tropical vegetation, 4 Luxury Family Rooms, and 1 Family Villa