Although part of Mozambique, Nkwichi Lodge is found on the eastern shores of Lake Malawi. Miles from roads, shops and so-called civilisation, one would be hard-pressed to find a more remote and exclusive beach holiday.
With 8 secluded beaches set on 4km of lake coastline, the beach is all yours, as are the crystal clear waters where you can enjoy canoeing, snorkelling, sailing and bird watching - or spot hundreds of colourful fish. Explore the Manda Nature Reserve and do your bit for the wilderness and community Manda Wilderness Project, which seeks to protect the indigenous fauna and flora in the region. As darkness falls, soak up the “Lake of Stars” spectacle and become bewitched by a true African night sky.
The lodge is raised on a rocky outcrop with never ending views over the lake and an al fresco dining area on the deck. 6 Chalets are tucked cosily into the canopy of trees, providing utmost privacy. Each chalet has a wooden four-poster, king-size bed accompanied by an overflowing mosquito net, rock-pool bath carved out of primordial boulder and a private verandah - ideal for relaxing during the day.
- Pristine location on 4km of Rift Valley coastline on lake Malawi with 8 private beaches
- As far from the hustle and bustle of everyday life as you can possibly get
- Adjacent to the Manda Nature Reserve and supporting the Manda Wilderness Project
- Unique style of chalets and authentic traditional décor
- Myriad of activities on offer from snorkelling through to Under the Stars sleep outs