The rocky outcrops that mark the mountains behind Relais de la Reine mirror the hotel as dusk falls, thanks to its granite composition. On a 40-hectare Madagascan highland retreat bordering the famed Isalo National Park, guests are sure to find peace and tranquillity. Rural and isolated, guests can get to grips with the land on foot, by horseback, or 4X4.
While its location sets it far apart from Madagascar’s capital, the hotel and its nearby village, Ranohira, are easily reached by the island nation’s National 7 road. Nature is the name of the game up here, and guests are encouraged to wander the national park, visit the nearby beekeeping plantation, and enjoy extensive hikes and mountain bike excursions through the surrounding landscape.
Guests can stay in the hotel’s 28 Standard Rooms or 2 Luxury Rooms. Onsite amenities include a private airfield, billiard table, Wi-Fi, satellite TV, hiking path, swimming pool, tennis and basketball court, equestrian centre, and 4WD-hire service. Enjoy the extensive terraces in summer, or warm yourself by the indoor fires during winter.
- Located near Ranohira in southwest Madagascar—home to the semi-nomadic Bara people
- Accessible by National 7 road from Antananarivo and by private plane
- Onsite amenities include a swimming pool, restaurant, bar, equestrian centre, basketball and tennis court, library, hiking path, billiard table, and massage centre
- Modern conveniences include a babysitting service, Wi-Fi, satellite TV, and curio shop
- Ideally located for guests exploring Isalo National Park