On the banks of the Madagascan Mandrare River lies the Mandrare River Camp. The camp is situated near the home of the Antandroy tribe, meaning that guests will be able to learn about the culture and practices of this traditional nomadic tribe. The nearby forest is also home to plenty of wildlife and the views of the lake and distant mountains are spectacular.
Go on guided walks or drives around the area, including the nearby spiny forests, where you will learn about the fascinating fauna and flora. Look out for the famous Baobab tree, Spiny Octopus Trees, interesting birds, and the 5 different species of lemur that you can spot while staying at Mandrare. Guests can also visit local markets and the Antandroy tribe where you can learn about their culture and traditions.
Stay in bright and elegant en-suite tents that overlook the Mandrare river. Each tent has a private terrace perfect for enjoying the tranquillity of the river environment, a 4-poster mosquito netted bed, solar lighting, and individually hand carved wooden furniture. After the sun sets, enjoy a delicious 3-course lamp-lit dinner outside.
- On the banks of the Mandrare River — stunning views from private terraces
- Near the Antandroy tribe, enabling guests to experience traditional Madagascan culture
- Nearby spiny forests are home to fascinating trees and wildlife
- 5 different species of lemur live in the area as well as plenty of birds
- Delicious food provided including 3-course outdoor dinners