Offering its guests an experience a la Robinson Crusoe, Manafiafy Beach & Rainforest Lodge is exactly what its name proclaims, found in a forest fringed bay on Madagascar’s south-east coast where warm waters lap soft, sandy shores. Running entirely on solar power, and offering accommodation in charming rustic bungalows combining local wood and thatch this is a true and eco-conscious experience.
The forests around Manafiafy are home to 5 different lemur species and a host of birds, frogs, and reptiles making the offered day and night walks rewarding. You can also take to the waters with motorboat trips through the mangroves, canoe or snorkel excursions, or cultural tours to local fishing villages. Humpback whales can be seen in season.
The 4 Luxury Bungalows and one Family Villa are unobtrusively nestled into the rain forest and lead directly onto the pristine beach, while private wooden terraces offer mesmerising views across the bay—best enjoyed from the comfort of a hammock or outdoor seating. Other amenities include king-size beds, 270-degree windows, en suite bathrooms with hot water and walk-in showers, 220v sockets ,and indoor seating.
- Easy accessibility just a 2.5hr drive away from Fort Dauphin (now Tôlanaro) with its Airport
- Part of the Madagascar Collection which contributes to various community projects helping local people and the environment
- The main area includes an open-sided Ravinalal thatched bar/dining area and outside seating
- Continental breakfasts are served daily as are lunches comprising freshly-baked bread, and full-service three-course dinners.
- Open-air massage pavilion