Along Madagascar’s remote Baobab Beach, devoid of road access and reached by a 30min boat ride from Nosy Be, lies Eden Lodge. Situated within a protected nature reserve and having been voted the World’s Best Sustainable Hotel, this lodge is truly worthy of its name – here the precious natural paradise is the ultimate luxury!
Sweep the ocean surface on a hobie cat, windsurfer or sea kayak while a PADI accredited dive school leads to more in-depth exploration. Look out for the turtles that feed in front of the lodge every morning. Back on the mainland, the forest’s many endemic species of bird, beast and baobab can be enjoyed while a visit to the neighbouring village will add a cultural component.
The exclusive accommodation consists of just 8 Lodges half-way between luxury tents and traditional structures, distributed along the beach front and blending with its surroundings. Every comfort, from a king-size rosewood bed to a minibar is provided, while solar power and a Dyson fan uphold the lodge’s environmentally conscious spirit. Enjoy a relaxing treatment on your personal massage table, view from your balcony, and unique cuisine at the restaurant.
- Located along Baobab Beach on the Madagascan coast, accessed via a 30min boat ride from Nosy Be island
- Within a protected nature reserve boasting interesting wildlife
- A truly exclusive stay with just 8 beach front lodges within grounds covering 8 hectares
- Voted World’s Best Sustainable Hotel in 2013/2014
- No road access – a proper remote paradise