Resting on a rainforest-covered peninsula and within walking distance of the gently lapping Indian Ocean waters, Masoala Forest Lodge invites guests to experience an entirely remote and unique part of Madagascar. This lodge, accessible only by foot or by boat, overlooks the cerulean waters of Antongil Bay and is close to Tamolo Marine Reserve.
Thanks to Madagascar’s isolation for millennia, the fauna and flora that developed here in this time remains completely endemic to its landscape. It is home to a plethora of wildlife that is unique to this island, and this island alone, from chameleons and birds to lemurs. Hiking and kayaking opportunities abound in this watery and terrestrial paradise.
Masoala accommodates guests in seven palm-thatched treehouses inspired by traditional designs and raised on wooden platforms. These energy efficient canvassed tents provide magnificent views of the forest canopy and ocean. Guests can venture to the lodge’s two communal areas which overlook the bay and provide dining, lounge, and bar areas. Activities include snorkelling, swimming, whale-watching, fishing, and hiking.
- On Madagascar’s north coast and accessible only by boat or foot
- Private, energy efficient, and rustic with guests accommodated in elevated treehouses
- Guests can visit the islands of Cap Masoala or explore Tampolo Marine Reserve nearby
- Family-friendly with children of all ages welcome
- Activities range from guided walks, game and bird watching, to snorkelling, whale watching and fishing