Resting on the shores of Lake Naivasha and lauded as being at the highest elevation in The Great Rift Valley, Lake Naivasha Sopa Resort promises a family-friendly getaway to one of Kenya’s many natural treasures. After exciting days spent fishing, birding, or animal-spotting, guests can return to a resort offering all the creature comforts of home—and then some!
Lake Naivasha’s glistening and gently-rippling surface can be deceiving. Translating to ‘rough water’ in the local Maasai language, the lake is notorious for its sudden and magnificent storms that arise on its surface—a sight to see from the safety of its shores. Aside from giraffe, vervet and colobus monkeys, Lake Naivasha’s most famous residents are likely to be their enormous hippo pods and an impressive array of bird species.
Built with consideration for the environment and its surroundings, Lake Naivasha Sopa Resort is built around nature—rather than the other way around. Guests can choose from 21 crescent-shaped Cottages boasting 2 bedrooms on the first floor and 2 bedrooms on the ground floor. Universal Access and interconnecting rooms are available on request.
- Giraffe, waterbuck, hippos, and colobus and vervet monkeys are often seen on the property
- Over 400 bird species found in the area
- On-site amenities include 2 swimming pools with a children’s section, a bar, snack kitchen, pizzeria, health spa, and tennis court.
- Child-friendly facilities from menus and entertainment areas to babysitting services
- Activities include horse riding, nature walks, fishing, traditional dances, and tennis