With a design aesthetic that reflects the old-world glamour of the 1920s safari immortalised in classic Hollywood movies, Sand River Masai Mara offers guests luxurious seclusion. Set against the backdrop of the Maasai Mara National Reserve, this tented safari camp was built with the modern ethos of low-impact and sustainable living and is dedicated to ensuring the conservation of the wildlife sanctuary it calls home.
Overlooking the Sand River, under the protection of a grove of shady trees, Sand River Masai Mara offers guests a secluded position from which to observe the splendours of Kenya. Game drives and hot-air balloon safaris provide spectacular and year-round Big 5 game viewing. Those who visit between July and November will witness one of the greatest spectacles in Africa: The Great Wildebeest Migration.
The 16 elegant Canvas Suites are designed with extreme attention to detail. All interior fixtures and furnishings combine to reflect the heydey of the 1920s permanent tented camps. Generously spaced and offering private views over the river, the Suites ensure that guests feel an increased sense of seclusion.
- Beautiful design aesthetic reflects the glamour and luxury of a safari in the 1920s but with a modern, low-impact philosophy in mind
- Scenic and secluded position overlooking the Sand River
- Big 5 game viewing in the Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Guests have the opportunity to witness one of Africa’s greatest spectacles: the Great Migration
- Generously spaced Canvas Suites offer seclusion