The first camp to be built in Kenya’s renowned Masai Mara National Reserve, Keekorok Lodge has occupied its prime 80-acre site in the very heart of the reserve since 1962. This expansive camp is perfectly suited to families and groups wanting to explore Kenya and is also found right along the path of The Great Wildebeest Migration.
Largely considered among Africa’s finest wildlife experiences on offer, the Maasai Mara plays hosts to around 95 species of mammals and over 570 species of birds with many raptors among them. The vast sun-doused plains surrounding Keekorok are the perfect setting for the flood of wildebeest, whose numbers stretch to over 1 million, and accompanying plains species who arrive on their annual migration between July and October.
Accommodation is offered in 85 Standard Rooms, 12 Chalets, one Executive Suite and one 3-bedroom Presidential Suite. Onsite you will find the relaxed Dumba Bar and Lounge, Chui Restaurant as well as an inviting pool and spa. Don’t forget to walk the 800m long bridge stretching across the savannah to Hippo Pool.
- Prime location in the heart of the Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Lodge built in 1962 is the oldest and among the largest camps in the reserve
- Convenient access via a short flight from Nairobi to Keekorok airstrip
- Activities include game drives, sundowners and bush dinners, cultural visits with the local Maasai communities and balloon safaris
- Bridge to viewing area overlooking Hippo Pool