If you’re yearning for an adventure in Kenya recalling those of the explorers of the 20s and 30s, add &Beyond Bateleur Camp to your bucket list. Consisting of 9 tented suites – each with its own private deck overlooking the majestic Masai Mara National Reserve – this camp allows guests to experience the vintage safaris of a bygone era.
The surrounding vistas beckon you to explore Mara’s wildlife-filled plains: day and night game drives, bush walks, and even hot-air balloon trips offer varying perspectives of this wonder. Since the camp is on a private concession leased from Maasai landlords, you’ll also have a chance to learn about these proud people’s culture: lectures by a Maasai naturalist and visits to a village can be arranged.
Situated at the foot of the Oloololo Escarpment on the edge of the Maasai Mara Reserve, the suites are tastefully decorated with antiques that add to the old-world ambience. Each elegant en suite tent comes with a private butler who will serve you Pan-African cuisine in the comfort of your tent or under the African stars. A dip in the lap pool will keep you fresh.
- 9 tented suites with private decks overlooking the Maasai Mara
- Day and night game drives, bush walks, and even hot-air balloon trips are offered
- Experienced guides offering top-notch safari experiences
- The chance to learn about Maasai culture from the locals
- The ambience of the camp recalls a vintage safari experience and each tent comes with a private butler