Offering some of the best wildlife viewing to be found on East Africa, Encounter Mara promises an authentic safari experience. Situated in the 50,000-acre Naboisho Conservancy run and owned by the local Maasai, visitors will have a chance to be led through the landscape by those that know it best. The Loita migration passes through the area annually, as the conservancy acts as a vital corridor.
The Maasai Mara National Reserve at large is known to be one of the most prolific safari destinations on the continent. Praised for its booming animal population that peacefully co-exists alongside the local Maasai who acts as caretakers for the land and its inhabitants, the reserve showcases a new form of sustainable tourism and man living successfully in harmony with nature.
Embraced by the shady refuge of a forest, Encounter Mara is one of only a few lodges in the Naboisho Conservancy which translates to a more intimate safari experience. Each of the camp’s 10 tents boasts an en suite bathroom, traditional bush shower, lounge, private verandah, and incredible views of the surrounding landscape.
- Cultural visits, off-road game drives, night drives, and interpretive bush walks on offer
- Enjoy bush breakfasts, picnic lunches, and dinners around the campfire under the star-strewn sky
- A salt lake near to the camp attracts a variety of wildlife
- The Loita Migration passes through the area annually
- The area is known for its healthy elephant, striped hyena, leopard, and lion population