Serenaded by a symphony of birdsong issuing from the surrounding trees and riverine forests, Basecamp Masai Mara occupies a prime position on the banks of the Talek River, a natural border of Masai Mara National Reserve. This eco-camp ensures minimal environmental impact from its comfortable tents while the Maasai staff add to an authentic safari experience that makes the most of the region.
This is a great position from which to welcome The Great Wildebeest Migration en route from the Serengeti National Park around mid-year although the area’s abundant wildlife offers up delightful encounters year-round. Safari experiences include Maasai-guided game drives or bush walks which can be tailored to your desires while cultural tours to nearby villages and community projects offer authentic personal interactions with the Maasai community.
The camp’s accommodation comprises 12 Double Riverside Tents and one Family Riverside Tent sleeping 4. All are arranged along the river bank with lush riverside vegetation providing ample privacy. All tents have en-suite bathrooms (including environmentally conscious bio-flush toilets and solar-heated showers) and feature verandahs overlooking the savannah. All meals are provided as well as airport transfers.
- Situated along the banks of Talek River, the natural border of the Maasai Mara National Park
- An Eco Camp using bio-flush toilets and solar-heated safari showers for minimal environmental impact
- Perfectly placed to greet the Great Migration arriving from the Serengeti around June/ July
- Indigenous trees planted to aid habitat rehabilitation have created a haven for birdlife
- Near the thriving Talek village providing encounters with authentic rural life