Selenkay Adventure Camp’s secret recipe is that they succeed in getting guests closer to nature than ever deemed possible. Adventure camps (or ‘glamping’, as some may call it) create an incredible wilderness experience while cutting out all the extra luxury titbits, thereby affording you an authentic safari in a world-renowned reserve. All without breaking the bank!
The 6,000-hectare Selenkay Conservancy (near the Amboseli National Park) is home to lion, leopard, elephant, and plenty of plains game. You’ll get a chance to see all these incredible creatures on any of the camp’s early-morning and evening game drives. Each open vehicle seats a maximum of 6 guests, meaning everyone gets a window seat, making game drives comfortable and excellent for photography. Nature walks with local guides offer insight into life in the wild.
Accommodation consists of dome tents, each sleeping two guests. The tents are large (1.8 metres high!) and each has its own private bathroom hidden behind the tent. The camp staff attend to your every need, making and serving delicious meals, heating up water for showers on the crisp mornings, and keeping your tent clean and tidy.
- Direct access to a renowned reserve
- Staff take care of camping tasks while you enjoy the African experience
- Activities include morning and evening game drives, nature walks, and village tours
- Easily accessible from Nairobi Airport
- A rich, authentic experience. One doesn’t get closer to nature than this