Like the other Porini Camps dotted around Kenya, Amboseli Porini Camp is a small safari camp in a private conservancy where the emphasis is on the simple beauty of the surroundings. This intimate camp has no permanent structures featuring only safari tents erected on a sandy clearing beneath the acacia trees.
Porini Amboseli Camp is in the Selenkay Conservancy on the northern edge of Kenya's Amboseli National Park. With the local Maasai community actively involved in the daily goings-on at Amboseli, you can enjoy a visit to the nearby village where you’ll gain insight into the working relationship between the people of the land and the conservancy board. Game drives are conducted in both the Selenkay Conservancy as well as the Amboseli National Park ensuring excellent game-viewing while also creating the opportunity to embark on safari walks and night drives.
In the interest of being eco-friendly, facilities at Amboseli are limited to the essential comforts: 9 solar-powered tents with hot-bucket showers, wash basins, and flushing toilets. All rooms have gloriously comfortable double beds, rustic log furniture, and a shaded patio area overlooking the surrounding plains and bushland.
- With only 9 Tents, Amboseli is intimate, dedicated to genuine, personalised hospitality
- Ideal location allows for drives in the park and night drives and walks in the conservancy
- Dedicated to sustainable tourism with eco-conscious initiatives and community projects
- Selenkay is a private conservancy, undisturbed by masses of vehicles and day visitors
- Village visit is genuine; truly insightful with no commercial angle or peddling