Samburu Sopa Lodge was built to overlook the wildlife-rich banks of the Ewaso Nyiro river within the ancestral lands of the Samburu (who are close relatives of the Maasai). The lodge’s raised position affords it some of the best views in the area. As part of the Sopa Group, Samburu maintains a high standard of accommodation and service while being committed to providing an authentic wildlife experience.
A large swimming pool and sunken bar overlooking the reserve’s waterhole welcome guests in the warm Samburu weather. Game-viewing activities include guided nature walks and drives in the reserve. Rare wildlife species like the Besia oryx reticulated giraffe and Grevy's zebra can be seen here in one of Kenya's most renowned wildlife areas.
The mighty buffalo is the inspiration behind the architecture of this fine lodge. The 15 pairs of Semi-Detached Cottages are built to form a buffalo-horn pattern and converge at the public facilities area, allowing wildlife to freely access the waterhole. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms as well as a verandah where you can relax and enjoy superb views of the surrounding hills, the swimming pool, or the waterhole.
- Bar and pool area overlooks the waterhole which attracts game throughout the day
- Wonderful option for travelling families - with children’s menu, activities, and pool
- Activities include game drives and nature walks
- Culture and heritage of the Samburu evident in décor, staff, and traditional dancing
- Samburu National Reserve is home to some rarer sightings in addition to the Big 5