A hushed stillness settles over the primordial forests on the lower slopes of the mythical Mount Kenya. Raised on stilts above the forest canopy, the timbered Serena Mountain Lodge stands proudly in the crystal-clear air of this mountain paradise and makes for one of the more unusual retreats in Kenya.
At 2,134m above sea level, the mountain air is satisfyingly refreshing and can be enjoyed from the viewing deck while marvelling at the spectacular wildlife gathering at the waterhole. Take to the dense and magical forest on guided walks or 5-day luxury climbs of the mountain, and bask in the chatter of Sykes’ monkeys swinging through the trees. The clear mountain streams are bursting with trout just waiting to be caught.
Each room in the three-storey hotel has uninterrupted views of the waterhole, offering guests a game-viewing experience from the comfort of their bed. The lodge’s timber-built Standard Rooms feature a luxury en-suite bathroom and a private balcony. On the property, a tunnel leads to a photo-hide, only metres away from the waterhole, allowing for up-close-and-personal game-viewing experiences.
- Located on the lower slopes of the mythical Mount Kenya
- At 2,134m above sea level, the mountain air is satisfyingly refreshing
- The mountain and the forest can be explored on leisurely guided walks or luxury 5-day climbs
- Each timber-built Standard Room in the three-storey hotel has uninterrupted views of the waterhole
- A tunnel leads to a photo hide only metres away from the waterhole