A stay at Grassland Bushman Lodge always proves to be a memorable experience, giving guests insight into the fascinating culture of the San people. Spend some time with the local San on an authentic foraging expedition in the Kalahari Desert and come to appreciate a peaceful culture on the verge of extinction.
Found on the Western Edge of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, the lodge’s remote location ensures a genuine engagement with the San people, unimpeded by the influence of tourism. Learn the important role each member of the clan plays and how tasks are performed. Morning and afternoon drives introduce guests to the wonders of the desert flora and fauna. A 4 hectare enclosure behind the lodge houses a predator rehabilitation programme, allowing guests to get up close and personal with wild dog, leopard and lion.
8 Chalets, made from concrete and thatch, are specially designed to ensure that guests are protected from the extreme Kalahari weather. 4 well-shaded camp sites are also on offer for guests who want a more authentic experience. Escape the Kalahari heat in the cool waters of the large swimming pool.
- Experience a genuine engagement with the San people
- Remote location ensures an authentic Kalahari experience
- A predator rehabilitation programme lets guests get up close and personal to wild dog, leopard and lion
- The 8 Chalets are designed to protect guests from the extreme Kalahari environment
- A large swimming pool offers respite from the heat