Deception Valley Lodge in Botswana’s Central Kalahari Game Reserve is one of very few accommodation options in this reserve, the second-largest game reserve in the world.
What makes Deception Valley Lodge unique is the rare opportunity it gives you to meet the Naru-speaking Bushmen people, one of the oldest surviving cultures in Africa and to explore this remarkable environment with them as your guides. Game drives are also conducted by guides with the best skills and knowledge of the Kalahari Desert.
The lodge accommodates a maximum of 16 guests, with 6 Twin Chalets and one Two-Bedroom Family Chalet. Private and restful, the 8 units are raised and free-standing and are connected to the main lodge by wooden walkways, thereby protecting the eco-sensitive area. All chalets have a private lounge, en-suite bathroom with outdoor shower, ceiling fans, mosquito nets and a private mini-bar. The lodge and the rooms are decorated in vibrant colours with a rustic edge. The main complex houses the dining room, lounge and bar area decorated with Bushmen and other African artefacts. The swimming pool allows you to cool off in the midday heat while the traditional boma hosts guests for dinner under the African sky.
- Small, exclusive lodge and one of few accommodation options inside the Central Kalahari Game Reserve
- Water hole in front of the Main Lodge area attracts wildlife
- Tracking animals with Bushmen trackers and learning more about their culture
- Walking safaris and off-road game driving is permitted
- Night safaris, birding encounters and astrology/star gazing also offered