Nearby a traditional village on the fringes of the Moremi Game Reserve of the Okavango Delta lies Sango Safari Camp. With its very own private section of the Khwai River, Sango enjoys the best of both worlds.
Planning your activities in the Okavango Delta can be tricky. National parks generally don’t allow night drives and walking. On the border of a national park and a concession, Sango offers the full spectrum of activities to guests, doing day-time drives in the Moremi Game Reserve and walking and night drives in the quieter Khwai concession. Be sure to check the water level at Sango before you travel, so you know what activities you can look forward to.
Accommodation at Sango is a throwback to the time of the traditional safari. With only 6 Tents, it is an intimate camp. Each Tent reflects the grace of days gone by. The luxury, Meru-style tents are spacious, complete with flush toilet, basin and open-air bucket shower. All Tents overlook the river and, beyond that, the sunrise as it greets you with another beautiful day in Africa.
- Tented accommodation creates a unique safari experience and closeness with nature
- Beautiful views over the river and beyond as well as sunrises from the tents
- Activities include game drives, safari walks and mokoro excursions
- Consider the water level at the time of the year you are travelling
- Camp supports a local community through a number of projects