Step into the land of yawning hippos, overhanging trees, and the tranquil sounds of nature on repeat. Sable Alley epitomises the perfect escape into serenity in northern Botswana. Set beside a lush lagoon just moments from the Okavango Delta’s Moremi Game Reserve, wildlife wanders the landscape day and night.
The lagoon below the campsite is connected to both the Sable Alley and Khwai rivers, making the area a thriving hub of animal activity made up of resident hippos, elephant, buffalo, and large herds of plains animals. When not marvelling at nature’s many masterpieces, guests can take a dip in the swimming pool or unwind in one of the outdoor areas. Did we mention that mokoro safaris are on offer, too? Professional guides are ready to take you on exciting adventures on the lagoon, don’t forget your camera and sense of balance!
Sable Alley’s 12 modern-yet-earthy tents are nestled between trees and thick vegetation. All luxurious tents, including two family units, are raised off the ground and boast exquisite unobstructed views of the lagoon. All have en suite bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, plus a private viewing deck.
- Located in the Khwai Concession beside a lagoon that is home to a pod of hippos
- Activities include birding, 4X4 and mokoro canoe safaris
- Swimming pool, outdoor area, and relaxation lounge onsite
- The concession is home to leopard, lion, elephant, buffalo, wild dog, and more
- Night game drives reveal nocturnal residents such as the honey badger