Twenty minutes from Maun, along the banks of the Thamalakane River, you’ll find Royal Tree Lodge. One of the very few wilderness experiences that offers horseback safaris, Royal Tree is a popular choice for travellers who need to unwind after a long journey before setting off into the Okavango Delta.
Aside from the horse-riding through the lush wilderness, game drives into the Moremi Game Reserve and walking safaris through Royal Tree’s land can also be arranged. Get a bird’s-eye view on a scenic flight, displaying the winding channels and host of wildlife of the wild Okavango.
Accommodation comes in two forms at Royal Tree Lodge. Return to times gone by in a Maru-style Luxury Tent raised off the ground on wooden platforms and affording a spectacular view of the surrounding bush. Complete with full en suite facilities and an outdoor shower, if you’re feeling adventurous. If you are more of a solid-four-walls kind of person, the Honeymoon Chalet might interest you. It is decorated in a traditional style with a thatched roof and comes with a four-poster canopy bed and a deep, sunken bath.
- Horseback safaris through a wilderness area of Botswana
- Game drives and bush walks in the Moremi Game Reserve
- Offers both tented and chalet-type accommodation
- Ideal for travellers seeking to unwind after a long international flight
- Also a good birding location, home to approximately 400 species of birdlife