The floodplains of the Okavango Delta are available to explore like never before at Oddballs' Camp, where a personal guide – born and raised in the swamp – is assigned to each pair of guests, offering fascinating insight into the complex ecosystem as well as the local culture.
After a journey by light aircraft to the camp which is situated on the edge of Chief’s Island in the heart of the Delta, guests will be met by their guide. The guide can take guests - on foot during the dry season and on a mokoro during the rainy season - through channels lined with reeds that lead into the Moremi Game Reserve. When the water levels are high enough, guests can also take a mokoro trip into the furthest reaches of the Delta to camp beneath the stars.
The camp is designed in a way that tries to make as little impact on the environment as possible and solar power is used throughout. The en suite Dome Tents are built on elevated decks while the central bar and lounge boast raised viewing decks overlooking the Delta.
- A personal guide is assigned to each pair of guests
- Secluded position on Chief's Island only reachable by light aircraft
- The rainy season allows guests to camp beneath the stars in the furthest reaches of the Delta
- A policy of no motorized activities allows for peace and quiet
- Central bar and lounge area with raised viewing decks