Hidden away on a small island in the fascinating contrast of desert and wetland that is the Okavango Delta, Delta Camp is a wildlife haven only accessible by light aircraft. Located where the Boro and Metsematsweu channels meet, the island is home to an intriguing combination of flora and fauna. A stay here promises an isolated and intimate encounter with this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Guides assigned to each group of guests are available to take them for walking tours or mokoro trips through the Delta. The guides are dedicated to making guests aware of the ebb and flow of nature and the fascinating array of flora and fauna that call the area home. Whether exploring or simply relaxing with a book, guests will undoubtedly become enthralled with this unique part of Botswana.
The camp is built around the environment, not over it, meaning that the Chalets are often elevated onto a deck or feature a tree growing through a floor or roof - all in an effort to preserve the Delta. However, en suite bathrooms, comfortable beds and solar-powered electric lighting ensure that luxury is not sacrificed.
- Small island in the Okavango Delta only accessible by light aircraft
- The Delta’s varied terrain boasts an array of flora and fauna
- A guide assigned to each group of guests is available to take them on walking tours and mokoro rides
- Chalets are built around the environment, not over it
- En suite bathrooms and comfortable beds ensure luxury