Abu Camp, situated on a 180,000ha private concession in the Okavango Delta, aims to bring its guests unrivalled luxury and exclusivity along with a unique wildlife experience. Here guests have the opportunity to become part of a habituated elephant herd as they explore the watery world of the Delta at a camp that pioneered African elephant encounters.
The intricate tapestry of river channels, lagoons, islands and floodplains attract a myriad of wildlife and birdlife. While the region around Abu Camp is not necessarily the best game viewing spot, its elephant experience allows a totally immersive encounter with one of the region’s most compelling species. Comprised of rescued or orphaned animals, many of whom are ultimately reintegrated into the wild, this motley herd will amble right into your heart. You can even have a sleepover in the mosquito-net shrouded star bed built on a raised platform near the boma.
The camp comprises 6 extravagantly spacious Tented Suites which are more like stylish canvas cabins featuring opulent colonial decor. The contemporary split-level main area contains flexible lounge and dining areas as well as a library and communications centre.
- Situated on a 180,000ha private conservancy in the Okavango Delta
- Exclusive and luxurious camp offering accommodation in just 6 tented suites
- Elephant back safaris, walks and sleep-outs with Abu’s habituated elephant herd
- Available safari activities include game drives, mokoro water safaris (in season) and scenic flights by microlight or helicopter
- Swimming pool, small gym and spa treatments available