In a land where water is a scarce resource, animals will always flock to the nearest water supply - and so it goes at Mashatu Main Camp. The large waterhole and thick pockets of vegetation that line the camp make it a sanctuary on the eastern fringes of the Kalahari Desert, attracting a glorious display of birds and animals to its lush surroundings.
The camp is situated in the 30,000 hectare Mashatu Game Reserve, home to the largest population of elephants on privately-owned land. Game drives accompanied by experienced guides and trackers are a great way to explore the reserve, known as the ‘Land of the Giants’. The animals and the history of the reserve can be explored at the Discovery Room, located on the property, which is a base for scientific research conducted at Mashatu.
The camp’s perimeter is dotted with 14 en suite luxury Suites, arranged in a way that ensures privacy and proximity to the surrounding bush. The elegantly adorned and spacious Suites include a double bed, an extra-large single bed and a seating area featuring a day bed.
- Large waterhole and thick vegetation at camp
- Mashatu Game Reserve is home to the largest elephant population on privately-owned land
- The Discovery Room is a museum and base for scientific research
- The Suites offer privacy and proximity to the bush
- The Suites are spacious and feature a double bed, extra-large single bed and a seating area with a day bed