Savute Under Canvas doesn’t just invite the outside in—in fact, it merges seamlessly with the landscape surrounding it. Moving around remote areas of Chobe National Park, this luxury mobile safari camp brings a truly authentic flair to your safari experience with it's unfenced and temporary locations offering game drives and dinners beneath the stars. This is a sure win for seasoned bush lovers, photographers, and birders.
Not only is Chobe lauded as the most biologically diverse park in Botswana, it is also home to one of the largest concentrations of game on the entire continent. An ancient lake once fed the park in the area now known as Savuti Marsh. With this water expanse long gone, savannahs and grasslands have replaced it attracting a variety of wildlife from elephant and zebra to lion, cheetah, and hyena.
Savute’s 5 tents feature en suite bathrooms with flushing toilets and hot bucket showers. Intentionally located in remote areas of the park and moving to a different site ever 5-6 days, guests will be hard pressed to come across other vehicles and visitors.
- Mobile tented camp that moves around approximately every 5-6 days
- Intentionally found in remote parts of Chobe so encountering other safari-goers is rare
- Enjoy morning & afternoon game drives and dinner beneath the stars
- Rustic charm and authentic safaris ideal for seasoned bush lovers, photographers and outdoorsmen
- Children over 12 are welcome
- Wildlife often spotted: lion, elephant, kudu, wild dog, and antelope