Mashatu Tented Camp can be considered an extension of the beautiful Mashatu Reserve. Found in the Northern Tuli Game Reserve of Botswana, Mashatu Reserve spans 29,000 hectares of pristine wilderness and is known for its diverse landscapes and biomes, ranging from grassy plains to rocky hills and verdant marshland.
The dramatic scenery sets the stage for an abundance of wildlife. Ideal for the return safari-goer, the reserve is home to three of the Big 5 (leopard, lion and elephant) as well as a wide variety of rarely sighted creatures such as aardwolf, African wildcat and Kori bustard. Morning and evening game drives are conducted in open-topped vehicles, ideal for photography of scenery, birdlife and even for those tricky shots of a leopard reclining in a tree.
Mashatu Tented Camp’s 8 Tents are elevated off the ground and dotted around the main lodge along a pathway running through thick bush and ancient trees. The en suite facilities are in an outdoor section, allowing for a hot shower under the stars. Rustic design comprising dark wood, wicker, cream and beige creates a romantic ambiance perfect for a honeymoon getaway.
- Off the beaten track, Mashatu is an ideal destination for experienced safari-goers
- Diverse biomes create striking scenery and are home to many rare animals
- A good option for romantic escapes, only accepting guests aged 12 and above
- Spend some time in the photographic animal hides to capture incredible wildlife shots
- Lodge staff are exceptionally kind, many having worked at Mashatu for over 12 years